As promised we are back with another city!! To help you plan those much needed Weekend Getaways. This week we present to you Amchi Mumbai. All the beautiful places we took you through last week are also easily accessible from Mumbai to. Here’s our Lil Guide Book to the best weekend getaways around Mumbai this season.
- If you are looking for a long stretch of lazy beautiful beach getaway, then Diveagar beach is the perfect place. Diveagar is located in Shrivardhan Taluka, Raigad district in the Indian state of Maharashtra, approximately 170 kilometers south of Mumbai. Enjoy the water sports and the fresh costal food.
- How to get there: Diveagar is about 4-5 hours away from the two major cities of Pune and Mumbai making Diveagar a popular holiday spot. Mangaon is the nearest railhead on Konkan railway(65 kms). A variety of accommodation available, from beach resorts to mid-range hotels and budget rooms.
- The charming hill station of Bhandardara in the Western Ghats is a delightful getaway. Bhandardara is set on a dam and is appreciated for its forgotten and idyllic location, waterfalls around the area during monsoon and boating in the lake. The best thing about Bhandardara is its “back-to nature” environment that helps you connect with yourself. Bhandardara lake and the Randha Waterfalls are popular attractions here. It you are an avid trekker, opt for the climb to Mount Kalsubai, Maharashtra’s highest peak.
- How to get there: its 180 kms form Mumbai. Igatpuri is the nearest railhead. There are limited options for accommodation. For a luxury stay, try Anandvan resorts. A budget option is the MTDC holiday resort.
- Known as the “ Wine Capital Of India”, Nashik is located on the banks of the Godavari in the Western Ghats. Nashik is a perfect mix of the new & the old. Known for its picturesque surroundings, Nashik has many temples, monuments and upcoming vineyards and orchards. The Zampa, York And Sula vineyards are popular tourist attractions. Nearby attractions are Dudhsagar Falls and a stone age site near the village of Gangapu
- How to get there: Nashik is connected to Mumbai by road and rail, options include state transport buses. You can also take the train from CST Station to Nashik Road station. A variety of accommodation is available, from vineyard resorts to mid-range hotels and budget rooms.
Go ahead the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Plan your first step; spend time with your family, teach your kids to travel. In the mean while keep in loop with us for more such weekend getaways. Maybe your city is next. Bon voyage!!